I have huge news!!! And no…the wife is not pregnant. It’s not possible anymore…but that’s a whole other blog post.
In honor of the upcoming Father’s Day on Monday, June 14th, an amazingly awesome three-minute animation short created by animator JC Little (@littleanimation on Twitter) will be launched on this blog and on Little Animation's YouTube channel.
The best description of the animated short is the one crafted by the amazing JC Little of Little Animation:
“At the mercy of his ninja son, his aspiring-princess daughter and his apparently disinterested wife, Daddy seems to be on the verge of tears. But what actually makes him cry may surprise you. A heart-warming and humorous look at fatherhood, inspired by the blog www.WhyIsDaddyCrying.com."
Or, as she told me, “it’s my response to the question ‘why is daddy crying?’”
So now it’s your turn…
With the help of the following kick-ass amazing Twitter friends and parent bloggers who will be our judges:
We are asking you the age old question, “Why Is Daddy Crying?!?”
Comment on this blog post with your best answer. Lay it out there. Don’t be shy. Hit us with your best shot.
What’s in it for you?
A hand-crafted, hand-picked, amazingly phenomenal care package created by JC Little of Little Animation and myself. And, I promise not to send any of my dirty underwear.
What’s in the “phenomenal” care package?
- Little Animation’s children’s animation 2 DVD’s “Kid Stories International” & “Little Earth Charter” found at www.littleanimation.com/shop
- Gift certificate to Toys R Us
- A “Planet Earth” baby onsie – super comfort, 100% cotton jersey knit from Little Animation’s www.cafepress.com/littleanimation shop.
- Picture of me when I was 20 wearing no shirt and holding three Amber Jack I caught on a deep-sea fishing trip.
- An opportunity to exclusively babysit my kids every weekend for an entire year
- Dick’s Sporting Goods gift certificate
- Dot & Lil ( @DotandLil on Twitter) limited edition Spring & Summer 2010 bath set seen here:
Come on. Comment…answer the question…Deadline is end of day Tuesday, June 15! The winner will be announced Thursday, June 17!
Only rule is...Please try to keep the submissions as clean as possible!! Many thanks and so finally - let me have it - Why Is Daddy Crying???!!!!